Thursday, February 13, 2014

Salad Ideas

As a healthy eater, I get asked a lot, "Do you eat anything besides salads?" Yes, yes, I do. But I also DO eat A LOT of salads. I know they are very good for my skin, digestive system and overall health, but they can get very boring. So, here are a few samples of the salads that my family and I eat.




Raw walnut taco salad has become one of our new favorites. Just process 2 c walnuts until they are small pieces, add in 3 green onions, 3 cloves of garlic, 1/2 bell pepper, juice of 1 lime, 1 T chili powder, 1 T cumin and 1 t oregano. Pulse until combined. I serve it with guacamole or cashew ranch.



Leftover falafel is amazing on top of a salad. Served with cashew ranch and lemon marinated cucumbers and tomatoes.

    

Black beans, lime juice, tortilla chips and spicy cashew ranch give a regular salad some kick.


There is nothing wrong with some pretty greens, colorful veggies and your favorite dressing.



Italian Pasta Salad, my favorite to take to parties.


Red potato salad with Cashew Aioli, capers, white beans, spinach, arugula and red bell peppers is a family favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment