Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cashew Ranch





When I was making the transition from vegetarian to vegan, the last, and hardest, thing for me to give up was ranch dressing. I freaking loved that stuff. But once I started label reading, I was horribly disgusted. This was my ranch of choice
Pretty horrible stuff, full of GMOs, MSG, and chemicals I don't feel like trying to pronounce.
But it's ok. I've got you covered. A few weeks ago I came across this recipe. It looks great, but didn't have the flavor profile I was looking for. So, I adapted it to my preferences. It's crazy how much this tastes like regular ranch. The cashews really helped with making it creamy.

Cashew Ranch Dressing

You'll need...

I c raw cashew, soaked over night
1 1/2-2 c water (depending on how think you like your ranch)
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 sprig fresh dill
4 tbsp fresh, chopped parsley
1 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground, black pepper

Let's get started!

Drain and rinse the cashews and toss in the blender with the water. Start with 1 cup of water and add more as needed. Once you have a smooth consistency, add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until creamy. 

Update!!! I added a 1 tsp of red pepper flakes and my hubby loved it even more! Try it if you want to spice it up!

1 comment: