Saturday, September 14, 2013

Spicy Tempeh Hash

I love a good breakfast. But who doesn't? Growing up in the South, a staple for breakfast was always potatoes, some kind of meat, a bread with gravy and eggs. Sometimes fruit. Now that our family eats plant based, I usually make pancakes with a smoothie for breakfast. I can hide so many healthy ingredients in pancakes! But having the same thing over and over again definitely gets boring. So when I came across this recipe in the Vegetarian Times, I was overjoyed. We don't eat much soy, but every so often I"ll cook with organic tempeh.


I pretty much followed the recipe as written, I just added sage and more paprika, peppers and onions. I also used organic coconut oil instead of canola. I doubled the recipe for our family of 5. I served it with some Ezekeil sprouted toast and fruit and fresh juice. It was a hit. And very easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment