Friday, August 2, 2013

Everything but the Kitchen Sink Energy Bites







I'll admit it. I trick my kids into eating healthier than they think they are. I sneak ingredients that they try to avoid into EVERYTHING. My oldest hates nuts but eats them all of the time. They think all of my seeds are weird, yet they love them in a smoothie or muffin. They also love anything bite-sized. So I jam-packed these bites with healthy and satisfying plant-strong goodies. 





It took me under 20 minutes to make these, and will take around an hour in the fridge to set. They travel very well, and you can change up the ingredients to cater to your craving or what you have on hand.




Everything but the Kitchen Sink Energy Bites

You'll need…

2 cups rolled oats
1 c nut butter ( I used almond and peanut)
1/4 c maple syrup or coconut nectar 
1/4 c seeds, I used sesame, chia, ground flax and pumpkin
1/4 c homemade or store bought chocolate hazelnut spread
1/4 c dried cranberries
1/4 c raisins
1/4 c dark chocolate chips
1/4 c chopped nuts, I used almonds

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. I'll be honest, I just used my hands, it was easier but messier. With semi-wet hands, roll dough into 1 inch balls. Refrigerate for at least an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment