Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Nut Butter Muffins (GF and Vegan)

Nut Butter Muffins

I LOVE chocolate with peanut butter or almond butter, or well, ANY nut butter. Sweet and salty is definitely my go-to flavor combo. I absolutely adore these muffins. I adapted them from a recipe out of this book, which is a great book for beginning vegans. It helped me out a lot at first. With just a small amount of coconut sugar, these muffins still satisfy my sweet tooth. They are delicious with a glass of nut milk or coffee.



Nut Butter Muffins

You'll need...

1 c nut milk
1 c nut butter ( I used half pb, half almond)
1/4 c coconut sugar
1/4 c applesauce
1 tsp vanilla bean or  2 tsp extract
1/4 tsp salt

1 1/2 c ground oats (GF)***
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c dairy-free chocolate chips plus more for sprinkling on top

Let's get started!

Preheat oven to 350. You can line a muffin tin with liners, but I just "grease" the cups with coconut oil. Mix the first 5 ingredients together, then add the next three and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the cups so that they are 3/4 full. Bake for 25 minutes. Makes 12.

*** You can grind regular oats into a powder in a blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment