Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Liebster Award Nomination


Thanks Soy Division for the nomination!



The Rules!
Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominees.
Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post. No Tag backs and nominees must have under 200 followers on any platform.
You must tell all the blogs that you nominate that you have nominated them.

Here are the questions that Becky and Sarah asked me:
What’s your favourite vegetable? I really love carrots. I grew orange, red and purple carrots in my garden this year. I love how sweet and versatile they are. 
Who’s your cooking idol? Chad Sarno, after taking the Rouxbe Professional Plant Based Course, I have so much more admiration and respect for him.
What’s your secret guilty food pleasure? Dark chocolate, hands down. 
What’s your food hate? Some may call me the worst vegan ever, but I really, really don't like squash.
What kitchen item can’t you live without? My vitamix, I use it daily and even take it with me when I travel.
You can have any famous person, living or dead round to dinner. Who do you pick and what vegan meal do you make for them? Alicia Silverstone, her book, The Kind Diet, jump started my relationship with veganism. I'd make her something simple, and nourishing, like miso soup full of veggies.

Life gives you lemons, what do you make? What wouldn't I make? Cashew alfredo, nut pate, and lemon cookies come to mind. Oh, and the Blueberry Lemon Loaf from Isa Does it.
What’s one non-vegan food item you’ve always wanted to make vegan? I'm going to veganize, for the first time, chicken fried steak later this week. I'm still working on the perfect seitan "steak".
What made you become vegan in the first place? My husband and I went to a book store on a date (yep, we're nerds) and we picked up The Kind Diet. What a life changer that book is.
What’s your favourite animal? I love them all but right now I have a huge fondness of deer. They have been hanging out in my backyard every morning now that the temps are getting cooler. I love watching them interact with each other, they are so very beautiful and graceful.
I'd like to nominate the following very awesome blogs:

Sugar Snap Snail

Brand New Vegan

Eatin Vegan in Smalltown USA

Sprouts and Chocolate

My Messy Vegan Kitchen

Tofu Sarah

Bake Eat Love

Sunshine and Kale




My questions to you are:

Is being vegan in your city easy or difficult?


What is your favorite non-fiction book pertaining to a vegan diet?


What is your go-to meal on a busy night?


What's your favorite cookbook?


Who is your favorite celebrity vegan?


What do you listen to when you cook?


Where do you get your protein? ;)


What's your favorite documentary?







No comments:

Post a Comment