Thursday, August 15, 2013

Peach Cobbler Muffins



Warm peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream use to be one of my favorite desserts. Actually any warm dessert and vanilla ice cream is my favorite, after all, I'm from Texas! But now, instead of dairy ice cream, I use coconut milk ice cream or make my own


I tried recently to make a peach cobbler using only whole foods ingredients, and it was a big, fat flop. I hated it. It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't what I wanted. But I was determined to try again. I scored a case of peaches from our CSA this week and I put them to good use, and decided to make a smaller and easier way to eat peach cobbler. These little guys are delicious.

You'll need…

2 c whole wheat flour
1 c oat flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 c coconut oil, warmed to liquid
1/2 c applesauce
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 c coconut sugar or brown sugar
1/2 c nut milk
1/4 c chopped pecans
2 large peaches, peeled and diced



Let's get started!

Preheat your oven to 375. Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil or use liners. Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine all wet ingredients in a smaller bowl and then mix into dry ingredients. Fold in the peaches. Fill muffin tin with mixture and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment