Thursday, July 11, 2013

Cashew Alfredo



I found this recipe in VegNews last year, and it has become a family favorite. You can use it to top pasta, pizza, as a filling in lasagna, or mixed with a marinara for an indulgent sauce. Although I don't use the pine nuts that the original recipe calls for, you certainly could. I just prefer it without. I was skeptical the first time I made this, but it has become a staple at parties, and several of my omni friends ask for it every time they visit. ;)

Cashew Alfredo

You'll need...

1 c raw cashews (soaked overnight and rinsed)
2 c water
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 dashes of nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp real salt

fresh minced parsley
black pepper

Let's get started!

Blend the cashews in water until smooth. Add in the lemon juice, nutmeg, garlic and salt, and blend together. Add sauce to a saucepan and cook on low-medium, stirring frequently, until thick and creamy. Pour over pasta of choice and top with black pepper and parsley.




No comments:

Post a Comment